Re: Massive table (500M rows) update nightmare

От Craig James
Тема Re: Massive table (500M rows) update nightmare
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Carlo Stonebanks wrote:
> Guys, I want to thank you for all of the advice - my client has just
> made a surprise announcement that he would like to set start from
> scratch with a new server, so I am afraid that all of this great advice
> has to be seen in the context of whatever decision is made on that. I am
> out there, hat-in-hand, looking for advice under the PERFORM post: "New
> server to improve performance on our large and  busy DB - advice?"

You might start this as a new topic with a relevant title, and reiterate your database requirements.  Otherwise it will
getsubmerged as just a footnote to your original question.  It's really nice to be able to quickly find the
new-equipmentdiscussions.

Craig