Re: a heavy duty operation on an "unused" table kills my server

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: a heavy duty operation on an "unused" table kills my server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Andy Colson wrote:
> So if there is very little io, or if there is way way too much, then
> the scheduler really doesn't matter.  So there is a slim middle ground
> where the io is within a small percent of the HD capacity where the
> scheduler might make a difference?

That's basically how I see it.  There seem to be people who run into
workloads in the middle ground where the scheduler makes a world of
difference.  I've never seen one myself, and suspect that some of the
reports of deadline being a big improvement just relate to some buginess
in the default CFQ implementation that I just haven't encountered.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com