Re: improving log management

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: improving log management
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escreveu:
> (1) Windows compatibility?

Yes.

> (2) What happens if the command takes a significant amount of time to
> execute?  We can't afford to have the log collector blocked.

You're right. We can't have that command in the same process because DBAs
could have high values for log_rotation_* parameters or resources could become
unavailable. :( One idea is to have another process (logger worker) to execute
it. Also we need to store the logfiles that were already rotated.

> (3) What do you intend those %p and %f symbols to signify?

%p and %f are relative log path and log filename, respectively.

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/

От: Matteo Beccati
Сообщение: Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches
От: Aidan Van Dyk
Сообщение: Re: plpython3