Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The similar matter can be reproduced with ALTER TABLE ... TYPE statement,
not only RENAME TO option.
 postgres=# CREATE TABLE t1 (a int); CREATE TABLE postgres=# CREATE TABLE s1 (a int); CREATE TABLE
 postgres=# CREATE TABLE ts (b int) inherits (t1, s1); NOTICE:  merging multiple inherited definitions of column "a"
CREATETABLE postgres=# ALTER TABLE t1 ALTER a TYPE text; ALTER TABLE

 postgres=# insert into t1 values ('aaa'); INSERT 0 1 postgres=# insert into ts values ('bbb', 2); INSERT 0 1
postgres=#SELECT * FROM t1;   a -----  aaa  bbb (2 rows)

 postgres=# SELECT * FROM s1; ERROR:  attribute "a" of relation "ts" does not match parent's type

In the renameatt(), we can count an expected inhcount of the column to be
renamed on find_all_inheritors() at the top-level recursion.
But it does not work well for the new one, because it is handled within
the common ATPrepCmd() scheme.

I reconsidered that we need a function to check whether the given column
is inherited from multiple root parents, or not, for each levels.
Then, it can be called from both of renameatt() and ATPrepAlterColumnType().

--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>