Re: performance config help

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: performance config help
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> The DDR3 Nehalem and DDR2 AMD are both actually pretty close in real
> world use on 4 or more socket machines.  Most benchmarks on memory
> bandwidth give no huge advantage to either one or the other.  They
> both max out at about 25GB/s.

The most fair comparison I've seen so far is
http://www.advancedclustering.com/company-blog/stream-benchmarking.html
which puts the faster Intel solutions at 37GB/s, while the Opterons bog
down at 20GB/s.  That matches my own tests pretty well too--Intel's got
at least a 50% lead here in many cases.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com