Re: Get Unix timestamp from SQL timestamp through libpq

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Get Unix timestamp from SQL timestamp through libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/01/2010 2:16 PM, Yan Cheng Cheok wrote:
> I know I can convert SQL timestamp to unix timestamp, using the following way.
>
> SELECT extract(epoch FROM now());
>
> Now, I have a stored procedure function, which will directly return a table row to the caller. One of the row field
is"timestamp" type.

> In my application, I am using libpq. I wish to use libpq functions (or any c/c++ function), to convert "2010-01-11
13:10:55.283"into unix timestamp. Off course, I can create another stored procedure named

> SQLTimestamp2UnixTimestamp
> SELECT extract(epoch FROM $1);
>
> But I just wish to accomplish this task with a single c/c++ function call, without involving stored procedure.
>
> Any suggestion? Thanks!

Wrap strptime(...) to provide a fixed format-string. strptime is is
available on any POSIX-2001 system. It's not present on Windows, so if
you have to target win32 as well you'll need to include your own
implementation on that platform.

See "man 3 strptime"

--
Craig Ringer

От: Thilo Schneider
Сообщение: Set Returning C-Function with cache over multiple calls (with different arguments)
От: "Andrus"
Сообщение: How to get DATE in server locale format