Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tim Bunce wrote:
> It seems that people wanting to send in a patch have two options: send
> it as text/(something) so it's readable on the archive web page but not
> copy-n-paste'able because of wordwrapping, or set it as
> application/octet-stream so it's downloadable but not readable on the
> web page.

That is assuming that the MUA gives you the option of specifying the
attachment MIME type. Many (including mine) do not. It would mean an
extra step - I'd have to gzip each patch or something like that. That
would be unfortunate,as well as imposing extra effort, because it would
make the patch not display inline in many MUAs (again, like mine).

cheers

andrew