Re: issuing insert preparedstatement queries with default values

От dmp
Тема Re: issuing insert preparedstatement queries with default values
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to use the DEFAULT per column value on an INSERT sql in
> PG through the PreparedStatement JDBC API?  It'd be nice so that I don't
> have to maintain a secondary list of PreparedStatements or a list of
> default values maintained outside of the database definition.
>
> e.g:
>
> INSERT INTO foo (a, b) (?, ?)
>
> where b has a default value in the database and a is something that I
> might set to some other value.
>

> I'm using postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar against a 8.3 postgresql server.
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny

I know this may be not the appropriate approach, but when a user enters
default I just skip the PrepareStatement value assignment for that field
and set in the initial assignment as such. See example below.

danap.

--
-- MyJSQLView SQL Dump
-- Version: 3.06

--
-- Table structure for table "public"."key_table4"
--

CREATE TABLE "public"."key_table4" (
    "avatar_id" integer DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,

TableEntryForm addUpdateTableEntry() Connection Created
INSERT INTO "public"."key_table4" ("avatar_id", "user_id", "bing_id")
VALUES (?, ?, default)
TableEntryForm addUpdateTableEntry() Connection Closed