Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Joachim Wieland <joe@mcknight.de> wrote:
>> - do we need to limit the payload to pure ASCII ? I think yes, we need
>> to. I also think we need to reject other payloads with elog(ERROR...).
>
> Just noticed this...don't you mean UTF8?  Are we going to force non
> English speaking users to send all payloads in English?

hmm ASCII only sounds weird though doing UTF8 would have obvious
conversion problems in some circumstances - what about bytea (or why
_do_ we have to limit this to something?).

Stefan

Сообщение: Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full
Сообщение: Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full