Re: git help (was: Serializable Isolation without blocking)

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: git help (was: Serializable Isolation without blocking)
Дата
Re: git help  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 19:08, Kevin Grittner
>> Robert's advice being the last (and only) offered on the topic,
>> I'm taking the silence as agreement and have dropped the request
>> for a "serializable" repository and added one for
>> /users/kgrittn/postgres instead.
>
> ... and i've approved it :-)
Being new to git, I'm hoping someone can suggest a reasonable
workflow for using this.  (I've found no shortage of suggestions for
possible workflows on the web, but am not clear what to pick or
synthesize as "best practice" for this particular situation.)  A
little advice may prevent a lot of flailing and false starts, and
would be much appreciated.
I assume I want to create a "serializable" branch in this new
repository and clone that on my desktop.  I expect I'll be granting
write permission on this repository to others, to facilitate
teamwork on this, but perhaps there's a better way to organize that
with git.  What would the normal workflows be to:
rebase the postgresql.git clone and the serializable branch on the
server?
rebase my working copy on my desktop from the serializable branch on
the server?
integrate work from my desktop to the serializable branch on the
server when I've hit a state which seems worth sharing with the
team?  (i.e., it compiles and isn't going to break something someone
else is working on)
Or is the above framed in a way which shows that I'm not properly in
the git mindset yet?  If so, a hint at what I'm missing would be
good.
Thanks for any help getting git usage figured out.
-Kevin

От: Markus Wanner
Сообщение: Re: Serializable Isolation without blocking
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network