Re: Serializable Isolation without blocking

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Serializable Isolation without blocking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch> wrote:
> Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> As I understand it, Greg's line of thinking is that we should use
>> a technique which has never proven practical on a large scale:
>> matching database changes against a list of predicate lock
>> expressions.
>
> I find that approach to predicate locking pretty interesting.
Sure, I find it interesting, too.  Just not practical.
> unlike others, it scales with the number of concurrently held
> locks.
Times the number of checks for conflicting locks.  So, O(N^2).
No thanks.
Now if there is a breakthrough in that technology which allows it to
compete favorably with techniques which model the logical predicates
against database structures, I'm all ears.
-Kevin

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Serializable Isolation without blocking
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Serializable Isolation without blocking