Re: create table if does not exists

От Chris
Тема Re: create table if does not exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yan Cheng Cheok wrote:
> I try to have the following stored procedure, to help me create tables, if the table does not exists (Is this a good
practiceby the way?)

> if not exists(select * from information_schema.tables where table_name = 'MYTABLE') then
>
> RAISE NOTICE 'table not there yet.';
>
> CREATE TABLE MYTABLE
> (
>   "value" text NOT NULL
> );
>
> end if;
>

> When I run for the 2nd time, 'table not there yet.' still being printed out, al though I check through pgadmin, the
MYTABLEis there.

> May I know how I can fix this?

The table will be named "mytable" rather than 'MYTABLE'.

Postgres lowercases names (tables, fields etc) unless you put them in
quotes ("LikeThis") - but then you always have to quote them like that.

If you change your check to be

where table_name='mytable'

it should get picked up correctly.

--