Re: 'replication' keyword on .pgpass (Streaming Replication)

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: 'replication' keyword on .pgpass (Streaming Replication)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>> Such information are supplied in the parameter 'primary_conninfo' of
>>> recovery.conf. For example;
>>>
>>>    primary_conninfo = 'host=192.168.1.50 port=5432 user=foo'
>> So the password can just go there, no?
>
> Yeah, the password can be supplied in primary_conninfo.
>
>    primary_conninfo = 'host=192.168.1.50 port=5432 user=foo password=foopass'
>
> Also you can use the environment variable PGPASSWORD.
> Is this enough? I was thinking that some people would
> complain that only the password for replication cannot
> be supplied in .pgpass.

That seems enough to me.

BTW, how do you set up authentication using an SSL certificate? ISTM
that's the way we should be encouraging people to configure
authentication between a master and standby, rather than type a password
to a file.