Re: how do I disable automatic start on mac os x?

От Sachin Srivastava
Тема Re: how do I disable automatic start on mac os x?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/04/2010 07:13 PM, Dave Page wrote:
On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Chris Withers <chris@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
Dave Page wrote:
On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Chris Withers <chris@simplistix.co.uk>
wrote:
Naoko Reeves wrote:
Try check this directory: Library: StartupItems: postgres-plus-8.xx
there should be script to start automatically.
/Library/StartupItems is empty.

I think putting stuff in there is an old-fashioned way of doing things
that
went out with Mac OS X 10.4, and I'm glad to say it looks like the latest
postgres doesn't install like this..
Look in /Library/LaunchDaemons/
Ah, there it is... but now what do I do with it to disable the auto-start?
Iirc, you have to change:

Sachin; can you confirm please?
Yes. Though the daemon is loaded during startup.
and you can start it by using launchctl as ( sudo launchctl start com.edb.launchd. postgresql-8.4).
Also you can always move/delete the plist file to avoid that also.

--
Regards,
Sachin Srivastava

Сообщение: Re: how do I disable automatic start on mac os x?
Сообщение: Re: how do I disable automatic start on mac os x?