Re: Cheapest way to poll for notifications? & Driver improvement question re SSL and notify

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Cheapest way to poll for notifications? & Driver improvement question re SSL and notify
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Craig Ringer wrote:

> === Why can't JDBC/SSL just test for data ready to read, anyway? ===

Yeah, the SSL interface does suck :(

I am wondering if we should look at a dedicated read thread per
connection. In the past I avoided this because it doesn't scale to large
numbers of connections, and there may be some overhead from context
switching on I/O (though I haven't measured this). But between issues
with notifications+SSL, and the increasing number of reports of I/O
deadlocks, maybe we should look at it again.

-O