Re: seq scan instead of index scan

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: seq scan instead of index scan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Karl Larsson <karl.larsson47@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I make a subquery Postgres don't care about my indexes and
> makes a seq scan instead of a index scan. Why?

>  Total runtime: 0.133 ms

Because it thinks that it's faster that way with the particular data
you now have in your tables.  With more data, it might think some
other plan is faster.  It's running in less than 1/7500 second --
how sure are you that it would be significantly faster another way?

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: seq scan instead of index scan
Сообщение: Re: seq scan instead of index scan