Re: RAID card recommendation

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: RAID card recommendation
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Karl Denninger wrote:
> Most common SSDs will NOT come up on the 3ware cards at present.  Not
> sure why as of yet - I've tried several.

Right, and they're being rather weasly at
http://www.3ware.com/kb/Article.aspx?id=15470 talking about it too.
> Not had the time to screw with them on the ARECA cards yet.

I know the situation there is much better, like:
http://hothardware.com/News/24-Samsung-SSDs-Linked-Together-for-2GBSec/

Somebody at Newegg has said they got their Areca 1680 working with one
of the Intel X-25 drives, but wasn't impressed by the write
performance of the result.  Makes me wonder if the Areca card is messing
with the write cache of the drive.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com