Re: BUG #5222: failed to run initdb: 1!

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: BUG #5222: failed to run initdb: 1!
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2/12/2009 2:25 AM, Nicolas urtizberea wrote:

> Bug reference:      5222
> Logged by:          Nicolas urtizberea
> Email address:      nurtizberea@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1-1
> Operating system:   Windows XP Fundamentals for Legacy Pc`s SP3

Wow, really?

I'm not at all sure PostgreSQL has been tested on that. It's hard to get
hold of copies, for one thing. I don't know what Microsoft cut out for
XP Fundamentals, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it broke PostgreSQL
since Pg relies on proper, working service accounts and the like.

Another person reported the same issue with a version of Windows Embedded:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-03/msg00028.php

... which further suggests that it might be problems caused by a limited
Windows version. Try digging through these search results to see if you
find anything useful:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22The+system+cannot+find+the+file+specified%22+site%3Apostgresql.org

It'd be nice to know why this happens, since it might be easy to work
around and get Pg working on these versions of Windows. It's hard to
know what's going on, though.

It'd be helpful if you could provide a process monitor log (in native
process monitor format) of the installation process, since that might
shed some light.

--
Craig Ringer