Re: Analyse without locking?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Analyse without locking?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Richard Neill wrote:
> Now, I understand that increasing checkpoint_segments is generally a
> good thing (subject to some limit), but doesn't that just mean that
> instead of say a 1 second outage every minute, it's a 10 second outage
> every 10 minutes?
That was the case in versions before 8.3.  Now, the I/O is spread out
over most of the next checkpoint's time period.  So what actually
happens is that all the I/O that happens over 10 minutes will be spread
out over the next five minutes of time.  With the defaults, there's so
little time between checkpoints under heavy writes that the spreading
doesn't have enough room to work, leading to higher write bursts.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Reydan Cankur
Сообщение: Re: OpenMP in PostgreSQL-8.4.0
От: Richard Neill
Сообщение: Re: Analyse without locking?