index speed-up and automatic tables/procedures creation

От Jean-Yves F. Barbier
Тема index speed-up and automatic tables/procedures creation
Дата
Re: index speed-up and automatic tables/procedures creation  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I've got some questions:

1)- I'd like to keep a table in one piece, but it'll be huge (several millions rows
    and growing); can a segmentation of indexes (all indexes that are used for
    searching) speed-up this table scans enough to keep it as responsive to queries as
    multiple tables?  And what can I do about the primary key index, which is monolitic?
    (I can't use inheritance as there are some integrity references into it.)

2)- could somebody points me to an URL that describes (examples) automatic tables
    & functions making?

Thanks in advance
JY
--
panic("Foooooooood fight!");
        -- In the kernel source aha1542.c, after detecting a bad segment list