Re: Hot standby and removing VACUUM FULL

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Hot standby and removing VACUUM FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> So I guess what I'm asking is: Does anyone see any show-stoppers in
> removing VACUUM FULL
Here's the disclaimers attached to the new VACUUM REPLACE implementation
from Itagaki:

"We still need traditional VACUUM FULL behavior for system catalog
because we cannot change relfilenode for them. Also, VACUUM FULL REPLACE
is not always better than traditional VACUUM FULL; the new version
requires additional disk space and might be slower if we have a few dead
tuples."

That first part seems like it would limit the ability to completely
discard the current behavior.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: USING clause for DO statement
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: USING clause for DO statement