Re: Postgres query completion status?

От Richard Neill
Тема Re: Postgres query completion status?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Thom Brown wrote:
> 2009/11/20 Richard Neill <rn214@cam.ac.uk <mailto:rn214@cam.ac.uk>>
>

>         It might also help if you posted your postgresql.conf too.
>

>     Below (have removed the really non-interesting bits).
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Richard
>

> I can't actually see anything in your config that would cause this
> problem. :/
>
> As for seeing the progress of an update, I would have thought due to the
> atomic nature of updates, only the transaction in which the update is
> running would have visibility of the as-yet uncommitted updates.

Yes, but surely the postmaster itself (and any administrative user)
should be able to find this out.

What I need for slow queries is some kind of progress bar. Any estimate
(no matter how poor, or non-linear) of the query progress, or time
remaining would be invaluable.

Richard

Сообщение: Re: Postgres query completion status?
Сообщение: Re: Postgres query completion status?