Re: declare/fetch problem with pgpool 2.2.3; Postgres 8.4; ODBC 8.03.04.00

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: declare/fetch problem with pgpool 2.2.3; Postgres 8.4; ODBC 8.03.04.00
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Gaab wrote:
> I encountered a problem using pgpool with two identical postgres 8.4
> servers as  backends.>
>
> Activating the odbc-setting declare/fetch, our application creates an
> data mismatch error.
>
> As far as I can track down the problem, it is caused because the cursors
> are defined after an BEGIN, thus with load balancing disabled, but are
> CLOSED after the COMMIT, thus are only closed on one server. This leads
> to data inconsistency for the next query DECLARING an cursor.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with pgpool.
Are DECLARE, FETCH and CLOSE regarded as members of SELECT family ?
If so, I'm suspicios if it's appropriate.
I would ask pgpool guys about it.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue