Re: SSD + RAID

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: SSD + RAID
Дата
Re: SSD + RAID  (Mark Mielke <mark@mark.mielke.cc>)
Re: SSD + RAID  (Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com>)
Re: SSD + RAID  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> I am right now talking to someone on postgresql irc who is measuring
> 15k iops from x25-e and no data loss following power plug test.
The funny thing about Murphy is that he doesn't visit when things are
quiet.  It's quite possible the window for data loss on the drive is
very small.  Maybe you only see it one out of 10 pulls with a very
aggressive database-oriented write test.  Whatever the odd conditions
are, you can be sure you'll see them when there's a bad outage in actual
production though.

A good test program that is a bit better at introducing and detecting
the write cache issue is described at
http://brad.livejournal.com/2116715.html

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com