Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?

От Craig James
Тема Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I also have backup software running that does
> complete drive imaging so I should be able to do this fairly safely.
> Here is the plan...
>
> 1) Shut down the Diskeeper service, run a query that is write heavy and
> then pull the chord on the box.  Wait a few minutes then plug it back in
> and see if it recovers.
> 2) Leave Diskeeper running and repeat the above...
>
> Comments/suggestions?  If I'm going to do this I'd like to make sure I
> do it correctly so it will be useful for the group.

Do it more than once.  This is a highly erratic test that can catch your system at a wide variety of points, some of
whichcause no problems, and some of which can be catastrophic.  If you test and it fails, you know you have a problem.
Ifyou test and it doesn't fail, you don't know much.  It's only when you've tested a number of times without failure
thatyou've gained any real knowledge.

Craig

Сообщение: Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?
Сообщение: Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?