Re: Listen / Notify rewrite

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: Listen / Notify rewrite
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Premature optimization is the root of all evil ;-).  Unless you've done
> some profiling and can show that this is a hot spot, making it more
> complicated isn't the thing to be doing now.

I'm thinking of how our system uses/abuses notifies, and began wondering
if several thousand backends listening with a large queue would perform
decently behind a linear search.  At this point, I have no data either
way; only an assumption based off being burnt by sequential scans in the
past ;)

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC