Re: I can't seem to put the right combination of magic into the pg_hba and pg_ident files.

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: I can't seem to put the right combination of magic into the pg_hba and pg_ident files.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tim Uckun wrote:
>> either create a postgres user named 'root' and give it superuser privileges,
>>

> In order to do that I need to connect to the database with my script
> which is running under the root account.

if you are root, use

    su -c "psql -f /path/to/script.sql" postgres

>> or switch to a different method of authentication for LOCAL users
>>

> I am confused. I presumed the proper way to do this was the pg_ident
> file. Is this not possible with the pg_ident file?

authenication type is controlled via the pg_hba.conf file.

frankly, I've never used the pg_ident file, it just seems like it would
add more confusion to things.   But, it appears to use it you need a
map=/mapname/ primitive in your pg_hba.conf