Re: ident changes between 8.3 and 8.4

От Tommy Gildseth
Тема Re: ident changes between 8.3 and 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan skrev:

>> To make 8.4 behave like the previous "ident sameuser" way, just put
>> "ident". No map is needed.
>>

> And it is documented in the release notes:
> <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-4.html>, which
> the OP should have read when upgrading.

Except this isn't backwards compatible, in the sense that leaving out
sameuser on version 8.3 will give a different behaviour. This means that
the script we are using to generate the pg_hba.conf file, needs to know
about the version of postgres it's generating the pg_hba.conf file for.

So, the problem isn't in the fact that the syntax has been changed, but
in the fact that you can't use sameuser as the mapname.

--
Tommy Gildseth
DBA, Gruppe for databasedrift