Re: Followup: vacuum'ing toast

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Followup: vacuum'ing toast
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Eduardo Morras wrote:
>> 3) Autocommit being disabled. At least when using Hibernate via JPA,
>> that'll cause a major mess and would easily explain the issues you're
>> seeing. Hibernate manages transactions explicitly when required, and
>> expects autocommit to be off.
>
> Excuse me but i don't understand this point. You say that the problem happens if Autocommit is disabled but that
hibernatesexpects that Autocommit is disabled for a correct work. What's better then? Autocommit off for Hibernate or
AutocommitOn for the original poster problem. Can you explain it more?

Argh!

I'm really sorry. I meant that Hibernate expects autocommit to be
_enabled_. However, when I want back to the documentation to
double-check my understanding:

http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.3/reference/en/html/session-configuration.html

it reads:

"hibernate.connection.autocommit: Enables autocommit for JDBC pooled
connections (it is not recommended).
e.g. true | false"

... so now I'm confused too. I *know* I had issues initially when I
disabled autocommit explicitly (particularly with explicit transaction
management), and that everything works well in my app with autocommit
off via the hibernate.connection.autocommit param, but that appears to
conflict with the documentation.  Maybe it's different when hibernate is
used via the JPA APIs as I'm using it?

Thanks for checking that. I guess now I'm confused too, but that's
better than "knowing" something wrong.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Running some query in low priority
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Followup: vacuum'ing toast