Re: FW: question about wmware

От Thomas H.
Тема Re: FW: question about wmware
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
> Does anyone have experience to run postgresql on wmware esx server 3.5?
> We run a virtual pc with windows 2008 (x32) 2 cpu on which postgressql
> is installed.

i run several postgresql instances on w2k3 and w2k8 on several vmware
esxi vms without any problem for like 14 months now. the performance of
course isn't as good as on a dedicated, hardware database machine but
depending on your service needs that might not pose a problem.

for more technical vmware questions, you'd probably be better of asking
on the general purpose postgres mailinglist, e.g.
pgsql-general@postgresql.org

cheers,
thomas