Re: Parsing config files in a directory

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>
>> for our 72 production servers for county Circuit Court systems, we
>> copy an identical postgresql.conf file to each county, with the
>> last line being an include to an overrides conf file in /etc/.
>> For most counties that file is empty.
> That's exactly a use case the "parsing config files in a directory"
> feature aims to make easier to manage.  You can just mix and match
> files
Mixing and matching files in a subdirectory would not make the control
and auditing of a small number of cluster-specific overrides to a
single standard configuration file easier.
I wasn't arguing against adding the feature, since it appears to be
useful for some environments; I was responding to Robert's musing
about it helping his single-cluster environment, but not knowing about
the impact on those with larger numbers of clusters.  I have 200
clusters.  I understand the proposal.  I see no benefit to me.
-Kevin, the troglodyte  ;-)

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: FOR UPDATE versus WITH --- change 8.4 too?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Endgame for all those SELECT FOR UPDATE changes: fix plan node order