Re: report generation from table.

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: report generation from table.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

A. Kretschmer wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been searching for, Preparing report from a huge table.
>>
>> Queries am executing now are,
>> SELECT count(*) from HUGE_TBL where cond1, cond2;
>> SELECT count(*) from HUGE_TBL where cond1, cond3;
>> --- like this i have different conditions(10-15 different things ) and
>> different amount of conditions ( 2 - 5 condition ).
>>
>> As that is a very huge table, it took time to execute each query ( 2 min ). And
>> finally it takes 15 times that ( 30 min ).  Is there anyway to do the above
>> report efficiently ?
>>
>> Such executing the query only once, and getting all different outputs required
>> ? or fetching result from some cache ?
>
> select sum(case when <cond1> and <cond2> then 1 else 0 end) as query1,
> sum(case when <cond1> and <cond3> then 1 else 0 end) as query2, ... from
> table;
>

> It forces a whole seq. scan, but only once.
>

> Regards, Andreas

Probably should check (analyse) the various queries separately to see if
any of them scan the huge table.  If one does scan the table, then give
Andreas's plan should be fine.  However, it's possible that your
conditions are all hitting indexes and not scanning, in which case you
may be better off as is.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: