Re: Regarding Sequential Scans count increase each time we press refresh .

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Regarding Sequential Scans count increase each time we press refresh .
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Keshav,

> I have one table  my_test table . with on index created on one column .
>

> I have turned off the sequential scans .
>
> Now when ever i do refresh on this table or press F5 , It increase the
> sequential scans count and
> Sequential tuple read count .

What's a "refresh"?

You can't "turn off" sequential scans.  You can only make the planner
less likely to choose them.  But if there's no way to get the data you
need other than a seqscan, it's still going to do one.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.