Re: pgadmin is changing pgpass.conf

От Howard Cole
Тема Re: pgadmin is changing pgpass.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>
>> On 18/09/2009 16:07, Howard Cole wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks for the update. Unfortunately this behaviour has the side effect
>>> of deleting passwords that I have set up in the file manually for other
>>> applications (namely the backup), which runs under the same user
>>> account. I guess I'll just have to come up with an alternative.
>>>
>> Hi Howard,
>>
>> I'm afraid that's about the size of it. It's probably a good idea to
>> have a separate account for executing the backup in any case.
>>

> Surely pgadmin preserves any existing entries in pgpass.conf?

Not in this case. There are originally two entries in pgpass.conf - one
for server localhost and one for server 127.0.0.1 - the reasoning behind
this is that when the backup runs as a scheduled task it sometimes seems
to prefer one format to the other. However, when I open PGAdmin, one of
the entries disappears. Perhaps it resolves the address and thinks they
are the same entries?

Anyway, the problem was resolved in the script that executes pg_dump,
forcing it to use localhost or 127.0.0.1 using the -h option. As long as
the -h ties in with what pgadmin writes to pgpass, there are no
authentication problems.

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: multiple calls to dblink_connect from within pl/pgSQL function exhaust connection limit
От: Martin Gainty
Сообщение: Re: Source for CreatedSharedMemoryAndSemaphores