Re: Insert unique fails, still increments ID in a lookup table

От Chris
Тема Re: Insert unique fails, still increments ID in a lookup table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The problem is that the uniqueness check apparently increases the serial counter and hence I burn through the bigint
IDsmuch faster. It's a waste for 100m+ records...

It's a little hidden but

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-sequence.html

Per the last sentence, updates to the sequence are never rolled back -
the insert is always going to increment the id regardless of whether it
hits the exception or not.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

От: David Spadea
Сообщение: Re: 8.4 installer
От: Tore Halvorsen
Сообщение: citext like query and index usage