Re: pgadmin is changing pgpass.conf

От Howard Cole
Тема Re: pgadmin is changing pgpass.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 16/09/2009 10:55, Howard Cole wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been having a few problems with my password file recently,
>> causing my scheduled pg_dump to fail. The problem is that the
>> pgpass.conf file keeps changing. Eventually I narrowed it down to using
>> pgadmin. Every time I start pgadmin, it changes the contents of my
>> pgpass file, even though I do not store my password in pgadmin.
>>
>> This only seems to have become a problem since installing 8.4 and
>> associated version of pgadmin.
>>
>> Is this the desired behaviour or is it a bug?
>>

> It's the desired behaviour, and is described in the pgAdmin docs. As I
> remember there was also a discussion (on the pgadmin-support list I
> think) when this feature was added, on the merits or otherwise of
> storing passwords in plain text on disk.
>
> Ray.

> Raymond O'Donnell, Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Ireland
> rod@iol.ie
> Galway Cathedral Recitals: http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately this behaviour has the side effect
of deleting passwords that I have set up in the file manually for other
applications (namely the backup), which runs under the same user
account. I guess I'll just have to come up with an alternative.

Howard.
www.selestial.com