Re: NAS

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: NAS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marco Fortina wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> A customer of our company would like to create a 2 nodes cluster
> connected to an external NAS storage. I would like to know if
> PostgreSQL supports its datafiles on this kind of storage and if this
> solution is certified.

active/standby type cluster, where only one server has the database
software running at a time?  in theory, should work.   NAS storage is
often NOT recommended for database table storage, however, as it often
has funny quirks with regards to random access, concurrent access, and
so forth.   early versions of NFS were especially bad about this.   most
shared active/standby database high availability clusters use SAN block
storage for this reason (fiberchannel, iscsi), and those often use
'fencing hardware' to be sure that the current standby system doesn't
mount the file system when the other member is active.

afaik, postgresql doesn't 'certify' anything, and certainly most of us
on this email list do not speak for postgresql.org, we're mostly just users.

Сообщение: Re: haversine formula with postgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: haversine formula with postgreSQL