Re: 'Weird' errors

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: 'Weird' errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martin Gainty wrote:
> experiencing weird 14001 errors .no logs not evt nothing to go by so i completely rebuilt the cygwin postgres
>
> ran cygwin
> then i ran the initdb as follows
>
> $ ./postgresql-8.4.1/src/bin/initdb/initdb.exe -D /pgsql/data
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".
> This user must also own the server process.
>
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
> The default database encoding has accordingly been set to SQL_ASCII.
> The default text search configuration will be set to "english".
>
> creating directory /pgsql/data ... ok
> creating subdirectories ... ok
> selecting default max_connections ... sh: line 1:  2752 Bad system call
> "/cygdrive/c/Postgres/postgresql-8.4.1/src/bin/initdb/postgres.exe" --boot -x0 -
> F -c max_connections=100 -c shared_buffers=1000 < "/dev/null" > "/dev/null" 2>&1

Googling "cygwin bad system call" gets me this:
  http://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/~nichol/cruftscraper/cygwinenv.shtml

The  CYGWIN environment variable
(no)server - if set, allows client applications to use the Cygserver
facilities. This option must be enabled explicitely on the client side,
otherwise your applications won't be able to use the XSI IPC function
calls (msgget, semget, shmget, and friends) successfully. These function
calls will return with ENOSYS, "Bad system call".

Looks like this environment setting differs in the two environments.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: creation of foreign key without checking prior data?
Сообщение: Re: creation of foreign key without checking prior data?