Re: Unicode normalization

От Andreas Kalsch
Тема Re: Unicode normalization
Дата
Re: Unicode normalization  (Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk>)
Re: Unicode normalization  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
No,

I need a solution which is as generic as possible. I use UTF-8 encoded
unicode strings on all levels. This is what I have done so far:

1) Writing a separate Python command line script for testing - works as
expected:

#!/usr/bin/python

import sys
import unicodedata

str = sys.argv[1].decode('UTF-8')
str = unicodedata.normalize('NFKD', str)
str = ''.join(c for c in str if unicodedata.combining(c) == 0)
print str

2) Transfering this to PL/Python:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test (str text)
  RETURNS text
AS $$
    import unicodedata
    return unicodedata.normalize('NFKD', str.decode('UTF-8'))
$$ LANGUAGE plpythonu;

Problem: plpython throws an error, where my commandline script did it
correctly:

# select test('aÄÖÜ');

ERROR:  plpython: function "test" could not create return value
DETAIL:  <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't
encode character u'\u0308' in position 2: ordinal not in range(128)

I use PG 8.3 and Python 2.5.2. How can I make plpython behaving like in
a normal python environment?

In the end it should look like this:

CREATE TABLE t (
ts ts_vector NOT NULL
);

INSERT INTO t (ts) VALUES(to_tsvector(normalize(?)));

Andi