Re: How to GRANT rights to modify a table ???

От Denis BUCHER
Тема Re: How to GRANT rights to modify a table ???
Дата
Re: How to GRANT rights to modify a table ???  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Tom Lane a écrit :
> "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod@iol.ie> writes:
>> On 12/09/2009 16:44, Denis BUCHER wrote:
>>> ERROR: must be the owner of the mytable relation
>
>> The clue is in the error message :-) .... GRANTing ALL doesn't make them
>> the owner of the object as well.
>
>> For that, you have to do something like
>>   ALTER TABLE mytable OWNER TO mycolleague;
>
> What might be more practical is to create a group role that actually
> owns the table, and make everyone who needs to do this sort of thing
> a member of that group.
>
>     CREATE ROLE mytable_owner;
>     ALTER TABLE mytable OWNER TO mytable_owner;
>     GRANT mytable_owner TO myself, mycolleague, ... ;
>
> I highly recommend reading the GRANT command reference page.
>
>             regards, tom lane

It's strange but after having tried it, it doesn't work ?

pg_dump says :

CREATE ROLE tableowner;
ALTER ROLE tableowner WITH NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEROLE NOCREATEDB
NOLOGIN;
GRANT tableowner TO mycolleague GRANTED BY postgres;
GRANT tableowner TO postgres GRANTED BY postgres;

My table seems to be correct :

bw_rma=# \dt abc.testtable
            Liste des relations
 Schéma |    Nom     | Type  | Propriétaire
 abc    | testtable  | table | tableowner
(1 ligne)

When I login as "mycolleague" :
ALTER TABLE abc.testtable ADD COLUMN field integer;

What is wrong in what I do ?

Thanks a lot for any help...

Denis

Сообщение: Re: How to GRANT rights to modify a table ???
Сообщение: Re: How to GRANT rights to modify a table ???