Re: how to: refer to select list calculations other places in the calculations.

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: how to: refer to select list calculations other places in the calculations.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I might do the substitution, analyse the query and hope to break it up.
Can it possibly be optimal?

Little, Douglas wrote:
> Hi Rob,
> Thanks for the response.
> Repeating the base calculation will work but the calculations are  stunningly complex and long.  Repeating them will
undoubtlyincrease editing errors and maintenance problems.

> Wish I had a sample to post.  Last query I analyzed was approx 10k lines and printed to over 50 pages.   Yes, it was
asingle query.  I'm amazed that cognos would generate.  Basically they generate a pivoted cross-tab from sql.

> Thanks
> Doug

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Mario Splivalo
Сообщение: Re: Trapping 'invalid input syntax for integer'
От: jtayamai
Сообщение: Encryption in the tables of a Postgres 7.3.2 database