Re: Error log fillingup

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Error log fillingup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/09/2009 09:27, Chris Leahy wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm running postgreSQL 7.3 on 2 installations, both with the same problem.
>
> The error logs for both installations are filling up with the following;
>
> ESTERROR: 42703: column "options" does not exist
> ESTLOCATION: transformColumnRef, parse_expr.c: 396
> ESTSTATEMENT: select @@options
>
> This has become a real nuisance.
> I have not defined a table 'options' and non of the tables I have
> defined have a column called 'options'.

That may well be the problem - a query is referring to a column called
"options" which as you've said doesn't exist, hence the error message.

I've also seen this when a string value isn't quoted, e.g. -

  insert into (....) values ('abc', options, ...) ...

When this happens the server thinks that the query is taking the value
of a column called 'options', instead of the literal value 'options'.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie