edit function

От Rakotomandimby Mihamina
Тема edit function
Дата
Re: edit function  (John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,
On a PostGreSQL 8.1 (Debian Etch)

I have a function like this:

CREATE FUNCTION f_active_client(character varying)
        RETURNS character varying
     AS $_$
  DECLARE
   v_modem ALIAS FOR $1;
   v_firstuse BOOLEAN;
   v_admactive BOOLEAN;
   v_codeclt varchar;
BEGIN
    SELECT INTO (...)
         IF FOUND THEN
            (...)
    ELSE
       RETURN 'ERROR';
         END IF;
END;
$_$

I have to insert several IF statements in the "IF FOUND" one.
I wont do it one time, I will insert them one by one.

I cannot stop too much long the PG server (a /etc/init.d restart time
is OK, more is not)

Dumping and the restoring is not possible because of too long downtime.

DELETing CREATing the function is not possible because of dependency.

When looking  at the help, '\h' has no REPLACE FUNCTION.
Only ALTER FUNCTION

How to manage it?

Thank you.

                                    +261 34 29 155 34