Re: Add Large Object support to database programmatically

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Add Large Object support to database programmatically
Дата
Список pgsql-general
acordner wrote:
>         .CommandText = "SET search_path = public; CREATE DOMAIN lo AS
> pg_catalog.oid;" _
>                         & "CREATE FUNCTION lo_oid(lo) RETURNS pg_catalog.oid
> AS" _
>                         & "'SELECT $1::pg_catalog.oid' LANGUAGE SQL STRICT
> IMMUTABLE;" _
>                         & "CREATE FUNCTION lo_manage() RETURNS
> pg_catalog.trigger" _
>                         & "AS '$libdir/lo' LANGUAGE C;"
>         Call .Execute
>     End With
>     Set cmdCommand = Nothing
> End Function
>
> However, when I execute this code, I get a SQL "syntax error at or near
> '$libdir/lo'" and the contrib module is not loaded.

Turn statement logging on server-side and you'll see what's happening.

My VB isn't the greatest, but doesn't the "_" join together multi-line
strings? In which case you don't need the "&".

However, it looks to me like the actual problem is that you're missing
some spaces/newlines and getting SQL like:
  RETURNS pg_catalog.triggerAS '$libdir/lo'

Turn up your server logging and you'll know for sure.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd