New server disk setup?

От Adam Rich
Тема New server disk setup?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
I'm building a new server on RHEL 5.3 and was wondering if there was an
optimized build guide published somewhere with guidelines on disk
partitioning, filesystems, etc?  For example, do you recommend putting
the data on an ext2 partition mounted noatime, and the logs on ext3? Or
should I just use XFS for the whole thing?

Are there any other brand-new server choices to consider now?

I did find some discussions in the mailing archives around filesystems,
but there was mostly conflicting information.  And I realize that a lot
of the drawbacks that were considerations in the past may have been
resolved by now.

It would be great if one could view the developer-recommended
configuration for a particular operating system on the postgresql.org
website.  I found a few guides on the wiki, but they are either 3+ years
old, or they don't focus on server-setup as a whole.

Thanks,
Adam