Re: how to use multiple schema's

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема Re: how to use multiple schema's
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Here is my first post which missed the list.  Not that it makes that
much of a difference now as all my points have been addressed by others.

raa

Himanshu Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have multiple applications, i want to create separate schema for each
> of the application. I dont want to change search path, since  have only
> one user. I went through couple of post's talking about some patch
> related to that. It seems that patch got rejected. Any help is appreciated.

Why not change the search_path?

There is only way I'm aware of to get around changing the search_path;
You must code the schema name(s) into the application.

Or you could make the search_path change part of the application(s).

I have put LedgerSMB, RT, and a couple of in-house applications into
their own schema.  Since each has it's own "user/role" for connecting to
the database cluster having different (than the default) search_path per
user isn't a problem.

In fact I have a cluster with a database per tenant.  Each tenant has
(or can have) LedgerSMB, RT, and/or other applications in their database
and each application is in it's own schema.

But I digress/diverge.

\\||/
Rod