Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net> wrote:

>> The question is what I do with my 14 drives. Should I use only 1
>> pair for indexes or should I use 4 drives?  The wal logs are
>> already slated for an SSD.

> Why not just spread all your index data over 14 spindles, and do the
> same with your table data?

If you have the luxury of being able to test more than one
configuration with something resembling your actual workload, I would
strongly recommend including this as one of your configurations.
Spreading everything over the larger number of spindles might well
out-perform your most carefully hand-crafted tuning of object
placement on smaller spindle sets.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?
Сообщение: Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?