Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int andadomain derived from int

От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int andadomain derived from int
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Jean-Michel Pouré, )
   Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and adomain derived from int  ("Kevin Grittner", )
    Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and adomain derived from int  (Jean-Michel Pouré, )
     Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int andadomain derived from int  ("Kevin Grittner", )
      Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int andadomain derived from int  (Jean-Michel Pouré, )
       Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  ("Kevin Grittner", )
        Re: PostgreSQL  (Jean-Michel Pouré, )
        Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Robert Haas, )
         Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Tom Lane, )
          Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Jean-Michel Pouré, )
           Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Bruce Momjian, )
            Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Jean-Michel Pouré, )
             Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Tom Lane, )
              Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Jean-Michel Pouré, )
               Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Tom Lane, )
                Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int  (Greg Stark, )

Jean-Michel Pouré<> wrote:

> ... Index Cond: ((tid)::integer = 3)

> ... Index Cond: ((n.vid)::integer = (tn.vid)::integer)

> ... Index Cond: ((ncs.nid)::integer = n.nid)

>  Total runtime: 0.092 ms

Sorry, but I just had to point that out.
I feel much better now.  ;-)

> Does it mean my index is broken and should be rebuilt?

No, probably not.

Just to get another data point, what happens if you run the same query
without taking the index out of the picture, but without the LIMIT or
OFFSET clauses?  An EXPLAIN ANALYZE of that would help understand it
more fully.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Performance regression between 8.3 and 8.4 on heavy text indexing
Сообщение: Re: Performance regression between 8.3 and 8.4 on heavy text indexing