От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: Number of tables
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Getting time of a postgresql-request  ("Kai Behncke", )
 Re: Getting time of a postgresql-request  (Russell Smith, )
  Re: Getting time of a postgresql-request  (Pierre Frédéric Caillaud<>, )
 Number of tables  (Fabio La Farcioli, )
  Re: Number of tables  (Jochen Erwied, )
  Re: Number of tables  (Craig Ringer, )
   Re: Number of tables  (Fabio La Farcioli, )
  Re: Number of tables  (Craig James, )
   Re: Number of tables  (Greg Stark, )
    Re: Number of tables  (Craig James, )
     Re: Number of tables  (Greg Stark, )
      Re: Number of tables  (Alvaro Herrera, )
       Re: Number of tables  (Greg Stark, )
        Re: Number of tables  ("Kevin Grittner", )
       Re: Number of tables  (Robert Haas, )
      Re: Number of tables  (Jerry Champlin, )
  Re: Number of tables  (Mike Ivanov, )

Greg Stark <> wrote:

> Creating new catalog entries for [temp tables] gives up -- what I
> think is the whole point of their design -- their lack of DDL
> overhead.

As long as we're brainstorming...  Would it make any sense for temp
tables to be created as in-memory tuplestores up to the point that we
hit the temp_buffers threshold?  Creating and deleting a whole set of
disk files per temp table is part of what makes them so heavy.
(There's still the issue of dealing with the catalogs, of course....)

-Kevin