Re: DB Design Advice

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: DB Design Advice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
stoneg64@excite.com wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> My company is designing a database in which we intend to store data
> for several customers.  We are trying to decide if,
>
> A:  we want to store all customer data in one set of tables with
> customer_id fields separating the data or,
> B:  storing each customers data in a separate schema.
>
> I'd like to get some opinions on the pros and cons of these methods
> concerning maintainability, scalability, and performance.

IMHO, that would depend on what this data is and how you use it.    Is
this your company's data on your business with these customers, like
AR/AP transactions and so forth?  Or is this data you're storing for
these companies, data thats really 'theirs', and that won't be used
together, such as their websites that you host ?